e-Courses are my number one choice when it comes to creating passive income. Why you ask? Well simply because an e-Course is more robust than an e-Book or small e-Product and it provides you with the opportunity to create a passive income product that sells for a significant price. Statistics show that conversion rates stay exactly the same no-matter the price point – so I know what I’d rather sell – a $200 e-Course rather than a $20 e-Book!
I’m going to share with you my favourite resources for creating passive income through eCourses.
It was not easy to pick just 10 but these are some of my favourites.
They are not all free resources but many of them can be trialled for 30 days which is often enough time to use them for your online course
1. When I am creating an eCourse brand I like to spend a lot of time pouring over the colour swatches at designseeds.com – if you are working with a designer it can be great to choose your favorites (but not too many) to give them for direction.
2. When I am planning out my eCourse modules I like to use a 1-page module planner that I designed myself – you can get access to my module planner by signing up below
3. To set up my membership site my platform of choice is AccessAlly as it integrates with Infusionsoft but Wishlist Member was the one I used for years previous to this. Thinkific is also a great stand-alone platform.
4. To promote my eCourse and build my list through free opt-ins and webinars I love Pop-up Ally for creating opt-ins and pop-ups on my site. I also love the WordPress Plug-in Beaver Builder for creating opt-in and landing pages.
5. Webinars have become a vital part of my launch strategy and convert really well to sales – I love Zoom because it is so easy and user-friendly and a great price.
6. I use Camtasia to record my powerpoint presentations of my webinars – this is a paid service but again you can get a 30 day trial and it is very simple to record and upload to your chosen video hosting service and has other elearning functionality.
7. I use vimeo (“plus” membership at $10/month) to host my videos – I use the plus version for the advanced privacy setting, larger upload limits and priority processing times
8. I use clarify to create step-by-step screenshots for my technical tutorials – I could use camtasia if I wanted to record video tutorials but this creates a PDF step by step (screenshot) instructions (this costs around $35 one off fee)
9. I use Adobe Acrobat Pro to create editable PDF documents and forms – again they have a 30-day free trial so if you create all your documents first you could convert them in one hit during the trial period.
10. I use Infusionsoft as my shopping cart and payment systems as well as being my email and campaign software, affiliate software and customer management system.
These are just a handful of the tools and systems I use with eCourses. As eCourses are a major part of my business I go for quality and functionality over price but you can often get the best of both worlds using free trials.
It’s no secret: eCourses have changed my life.
They’ve helped me create more freedom, flexibility and abundance than I ever dreamed possible when I first started my own business.